Screen scheme only active on "Create" pre-screen

Ole Henrik Rostad September 26, 2019

I have set up a Bug create scheme with a specific tab for quality assurance. 

However it only applies when the project/issue type selector pops up first:
pre screen2.png 

When clicking Next: 
new bug.png

When the issue screens pops up directly the tab is not there: 
New bug no tab.png

The odd thing is I don't see what decides if the pre selector pops up first? I only hit the green Create button and 9 out of 10 it opens the bug screen directly without tabs

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hello @Ole Henrik Rostad

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

The detailed create screen (First screenshot you post) and the quick create screen (Second screenshot you post) will pop-up depending on where you are currently navigating in JIRA, leaving you with a quick option to create a new issue in case you are inside of a project and have some fields already defined in that.

P.S: In case it is not useful to you, the create screen pop-up can be disabled by following the instructions in this documentation. just make sure you performed a backup of your instance before performing those steps since they are not supported by Atlassian.

About the problem you are facing, I believe you might be facing the bug below since the Configure fields drop-down is only applicable to the quick pop-up:

Tabs Not Displaying on screen when user has custom field configuration

Can you please check if that's the problem you are facing and if the workaround provided works for you? To apply the workaround, Click in the Configure fields drop-down and select to display all fields.

If this is the problem you are facing, I encourage you to vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer