Rule error

Eric Dupuylolier April 28, 2021

Hi everyone,

I have this error on a rule execution: 

" The JQL search failed for several reasons. This is most likely due to the fact that the JQL query with intelligent values was invalid:
" ((parent - DIM-4) AND (status - "Finished")) AND (project in (10001))" - The value 'Completed' does not exist for the 'status' field." (the message was in french).

The fact is Completed is an available value for status, even if in this case, parent ticket was on "Fridge" status, and no transition let ticket to go to completed from fridge.

what is the issue? Is it a pb of translation (Terminé(e) instead of completed) or is the transition fridge-->completed missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Eric Dupuylolier , welcome to the community!

What are you trying to achieve in your rule - what are the triggers and actions?

Perhaps you could send a screenshot of your rule which might help to identify  what the issue might be

Eric Dupuylolier April 30, 2021

One of the suggested rules: when all children are completed, set the parent to completed.Capture d’écran 2021-04-30 154616.png

Eric Dupuylolier April 30, 2021

I've just had a transition from "all states/status"  to "done" in the workflow: same result. I guess it's got a pb with the label of the status "Terminé(e)".

Suggest an answer