Roll up story points to epic no longer working

Neil Wills August 5, 2021

I am attempting to roll up story points to their epics when there is a trigger on the stories story point field is updated so I have an up-to-date sum of the current points for an Epic.

This was working and then all of the sudden it is no longer working as expected, previously I was getting the sum of the points of the child stories, now it would seem we are looping over many more story for an epic so the resulting story point value is large.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Nickolas Jones April 1, 2022

As @Bill Sheboy said

If you are on a "next gen"/ "Team-managed" project you will need to use "Story point estimate" and Parent"  but I wasn't sure where I needed to do each.

Attached is the screenshot of what I got to work.

Capture.PNG

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2021

Hi @Neil Wills 

• If you look at the audit log, does it show the issues you expect being updated?
  • Is this a company-managed or a team-managed project?
    • Company-managed use "Story Points" and "Epic Link"
    • Team-managed use "Story point estimate" and "Parent"

And...I wonder if the recent work to fix/improve EMPTY tests in JQL is causing a problem.  You could check that by modifying your rule to write the trigger issue epic link, and the lookup issues keys, to the log to check.

Best regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer