Restricted View on certain Issue type

Mimi Peters April 11, 2023

Hi there,

I would like to ask how to proceed with two scenarios in a Company managed project:

1. Certain Issue types only show to Approved Viewer when creating a new issue

2. Certain Issue types will auto-move to Issue Security Scheme once it's created

Any suggestoins?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Mimi Peters 

Certain Issue types only show to Approved Viewer when creating a new issue

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to establish permissions on who can create a specific issue type?  If so, this is not possible.  Ability to create issues is set at the project level with the create issues permission.  So, if you wish to make it so only certain users/groups can create a specific issue type, that issue type would need to exist in isolation on another project.

Certain Issue types will auto-move to Issue Security Scheme once it's created

You can accomplish this easily with Jira automation:

• TRIGGER: Issue Created
  • CONDITION: Issue Type is one of (your desired issue types)
  • ACTION: Edit Issue (Security Level)
    • Your desired security level
Mimi Peters April 11, 2023

I see thanks Mark, so it has to be done in Automation? No other ways?

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Jira automation would be the best course.  You may be able to achieve it with a workflow post function, but automation gives you more flexibility if you want conditions or other actions to occur.

Mimi Peters April 12, 2023

So the workflow post function is not possible right after "Created" as we experiment it works from Created to "In Process" but not able to do it right after the ticket is created.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2023

I recommend simply leveraging the Jira Automation rule I proposed above.  It's a light weight rule on a single project so it should not impact automation quotas.

Like Mimi Peters likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events