Restrict cross product access?

Per Flock September 29, 2021

Hi,

It seems Users in a group that have access ONLY to Jira Service Management product will always get access also to the projects in the jira software product.

How do I restrict that, or this due to a limit in the free plans?

I have not granted the group access to the jira software product at all.

I'm confused

Thanks,
/Per

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Per Flock  - Did you ever get this solved? 

Per Flock May 9, 2022

Yes, thanks! :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Great!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

Hi @Per Flock 

Its Free Plan Restriction, Please change the subscription to Standard and with the help of Permission Scheme and User Roles. You can manage the access to Jira Software separately.

Also, there are default groups for each product, please analyze the default groups before you add the new users to the product.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Per Flock September 29, 2021

Ok, thanks @Pramodh M .

Feels a little bit backwards, the software product is used only internally for dev, but we want external agents on the service management product only.

So to achieve this we need standard subscription for Software and can stay on free for Service Management product. Correct?

Kind regards,
/Per

Per Flock September 30, 2021

Hi @Pramodh M can you please confirm that we need paid plan for the Software product in order restrict access from users of the Service Management Product?

Suggest an answer