Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Required fields in next-gen projects?

How can I make a field required in a next-gen project?

Also how can I remove standard Jira-created fields from next-gen projects (for example - linked issues)? I don't see any relationship between the next-gen project fields and the issue type screen configurations in Jira settings (I'm using both a next-gen and a classic project in one instanced)

14 answers

Hello! 2020 arrived and a pretty basic functionality such as mandatory fields is not there yet and its not even in the roadmap. Bump for this.

Why does Atlassian release new versions without key features

Like # people like this

The key is what the key means depends on perspective :) 

Dave Liao Community Leader Sep 21, 2020

I see 31 folks (so far) have voted up this answer - you all should vote on JSWCLOUD-17631! That JAC ticket seems to be the official story for this. 👀

Next-gen projects shouldn't even be available for general use without this functionality. 

Bump on this

Honestly can't believe such a basic feature is missing from a Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Agile Planning Tool 

I Don't see Required fields on the roadmap anymore @Pavan did this get removed?

Like # people like this

Bump for this

Like # people like this

Bump for this

Like # people like this
Like Dave Liao likes this

Would also like to see this. This functionality is crucial!

Any news on this, it is unacceptable to omit required fields in the next gen project type.

Like # people like this
Like # people like this

Hope we get this feature soon. Need mandatory custom fields in next-gen projects.

Like # people like this

I just started trying Next-Gen and this was the first feature that I was looking for - disappointing that its not available 

Like Stéphanie BRET likes this

I'd like this too. I'm surprised at how many truly basic functions are absent from next gen projects.

Like # people like this

Hey, when we can expect this function to be available? 

Like # people like this

Please can you bump up the priority on this. It is quite important for putting operational controls in place. Without this, it seems useless to have next gen projects.

Bump on this

BUMP!!!!!

This question just came up today in my organization. BUMP.

1 vote
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jan 24, 2020

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the interest here.  I unaccepted the previous answer here as it appears that this feature has not yet been implemented in next-gen project, nor is it currently on the roadmap.  

I would invite everyone that comes across this thread and wants to see this feature in next-gen projects to vote on JSWCLOUD-17631.   While this is not the only way we gauge interest, it can be used as a factor in helping to prioritize new features in next-gen. You can also watch that request if you want to see updates on the status of this request.

Thanks

Andy

Voted, commented, and honestly not optimistic that this will be addressed any time soon.

Like chyde likes this
Dave Liao Community Leader Sep 21, 2020

Voted!

Can someone confirm if this feature is now available? I do not see it on the roadmap that was shared in Q4. 

Bump on this

Bump on this

0 votes

Any update on this? I would like to know if we can configure the screens on the next-gen projects.

Is this thing on? We need this feature...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,431 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you