Required fields for the task

Katarzyna Kaczmarek June 30, 2021

Is it possible to check if certain fields in the task are required?
So that without completing them it would not be possible to save the task?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Sure. There are two places where fields can be set to required: field configuration and in the workflow transitions using Validators and Conditions. So you want to check both of these locations. One of the questions that will drive where do you need to look yes regarding when I feel might be required in its workflow lifecycle. Does this make sense?

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

@Jack Brickey 's answer applies if you are using a Company Managed project. Are you using such, or is it a Team Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Katarzyna Kaczmarek June 30, 2021

Team Managed project 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

So far I have not found any documentation that discusses specifically how to make a field in a Team Managed project required. I suspect the only way to do it is to use the Workflow Transition Rules and use the Check An Issue's Field rule.

However, I don't work much with Team Managed projects, so maybe there is another method available.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

There is an open suggestion for this - As a user, I want to have the ability to customize required fields 

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Katarzyna Kaczmarek July 1, 2021

Thank you ! :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders