Required field can me omitted

izabela_sobotka December 14, 2022

Hi,

I have created customized field and marked is as required.

However, while creating an issue it can be saved/created without filling required field.

Any ideas why?

Thank you!

Capture.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
izabela_sobotka December 15, 2022

Hello Gentleman's, 

Please see the screen below.

Regarding the app, I am afraid I am not sure what do you mean.

Capture.PNG

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

@izabela_sobotka welcome to the community!

In addition to what John asked, can you please verify if you are using an app for making this field required?

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

@izabela_sobotka can you verify that you have only one field called "Country of Organization" and that you have placed the correct one on the columns?

izabela_sobotka December 15, 2022

Yes, I only have one field with this name. However when I searched to check that I noticed that field is not marked as required.

Capture.PNG

It was only marked as required in Request type, I thought that will be enough.

Capture2.PNG

Now it's not possible to create the ticket without filling this field, so everything works! 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2022

Hi Izabela - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share a screenshot of the issue after it is created and has the empty field? 

Suggest an answer