Required comment on transition

I have configured a screen so when the issue is sent back to development the QA person performing the transition can write a comment providing the reason why it has been sent back to dev. but the comments field in that screen is not required. 

how can I make it required for that specific screen?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Hi Gerson,

Did you try to enter a validator to ensure that a comment is added during the transition?  This article explains the details:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-configure-comment-field-to-be-required-in-workflow-transition-648381476.html

Hope it helps,

Carlos

Hello Carlos, 

Indeed, I tried, but I don't have the option Field Required Validator

All I have is the following. 

Captura.PNG

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 11, 2018

Is your Jira Cloud or Server?

It is JIRA Server 

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 12, 2018

I believe that this validator was in Jira Suite Utilities plugin. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/server/overview

But it is not a free plugin.

Thank you, we'll I'll take  a look to it. And purchase it if I don't another way to do it 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,734 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you