Rename group names in Jira and Confluence

kregatte January 25, 2023

Hello,

We are looking to rename group names in Jira and Confluence using Rename group in Jira add-on can we rename group names in confluence with the same add-on?

2 answers

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

@kregatte Welcome to the Atlassian community

The product that you are referencing is a server app.  Are you on server or cloud?

kregatte January 25, 2023

Server

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

@kregatte The app Rename Group in Jira is a server app but I am not sure how it would impact your Confluence groups.  I am assuming that you are using your Jira Server instance for the management of users and groups, and for authentication.  If that is the case then Confluence is syncing with Jira and I would assume that the sync would update the group name in Confluence but I am not positive that is the case.  It depends on how the directory sync works.  If you have a test instance I would suggest downloading the app and testing it there to see how the group name change impacts your Confluence instance.  If you do not have a separate instance then I would suggest downloading the application in your production instance but having a restore point so you could roll back if an issue does arise.  I would also suggest just testing it on a new group that could be deleted.

If your Confluence instance is not using Jira for user management I am not aware of any product to allow for group name changes. 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2023

No, that app is not supported for Confluence Server.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events