Releasing a version with unfinished issues moves ALL issues to next release

Schmetti September 7, 2022

Releasing a version in Jira Cloud (Software) with unfinished issues moves ALL issues to next release instead of only unfinished.

Is there a workaround or something i can do as a unworthy free parasite?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Hello @Schmetti 

Welcome to the community.

I have not been able to replicate that problem in my Jira Free instance. Have you been able to replicate that problem in yours? Can you provide a video or screen images that show the steps you are executing?

Schmetti September 8, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill 
thanks for your reply

yes, it happens every time i release a new version with jira software (service desk works fine)

I have captured the latest release and i hope this is enough, if you need any further infos please let me know
i uploaded it to youtube, i hope this is ok

https://youtu.be/UtgKxXAbL1U

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

For the issues that are set to Done, do they also show a Resolution value? When viewing the issue the Resolution value will show next to the Status button. In the image below "Done" is the status, shown on the green button, and "Done" is also the value of the Resolution which is indicated by the red arrow.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 9.19.53 AM.png

I think that's it but how to set this second done?
I have no hidden fields 🤔

image.pngimage.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

The field is not typically displayed unless you need your users to specify the resolution value when they transition an issue to a "done" status.

If you don't need your users to do that then you can set it automatically in a Post function for each transition to a "done" status, and it unset it on each transition to a "not done" status.

Looking at the Post functions below in the transition to the Done Status you can see a step to set the Resolution field.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 10.55.29 AM.png

And this is the detail for that step, if you were to edit it.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 10.55.54 AM.png

For transitions to "not done" statuses you need to also include a Post Function to clear the Resolution field.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 10.57.58 AM.png

Here is an article on Best Practices concerning the Resolution field, including how to deal with the issues that are now Done but have no Resolution value.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html

Wow awesome! Thanks for this reply

and here is the mistake: some solution "1000" 🤷‍♂️

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events