Release using date range

Martin Hemi December 10, 2020

I'm using JIRA next-gen project.  

I see that next-gen says to add the version into the 'fix version' field for each issue or in backlog drop and drag. Then release.

From my previous use of JIRA I could select a date range for a release and issues within that range that are 'DONE' will be released.  Does next-gen do this or is this a configuration issue and if so, how do I implement this, as it doesn't seem to work?

cheers

Martin

1 answer

0 votes
Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Hey Martin,

I don't recall seeing that in my use of next-gen. To do this though you could find all issues resolved within the time frame eg project = xyz and resolved > "2020/12/08 00:00" AND resolved < "20206/12/12 00:00"

Then perform a bulk change and add the fix version that way?

Martin Hemi December 13, 2020

that search didnt work?

ive now released by dragging one done issue at a time. Then i released and even archived but they still appear as done on the board??

Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2020

Oh that sounds painful! Ahhh yeah just checking a next-gen project and that JQL won't work :( 

You could try this one

project = "XYZ" AND status = Done and resolutiondate <= 30d

That shows all "done" items in the last 30 days, you could refine that if you wish. 

Also re next-gen versioning - it doesn't remove the task when you release the version like in classic (on kanban), however giving the new automation function a go could perhaps give you what you want?

automation screen shot.PNG

where do I find the new automated function?

Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2020

It should be visible to access via that icon on the top right of your screen, or you should be able to access it under Project Settings > Apps > Project automation 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events