Release issues automatically from Sprint page

Rebecca Alfredsson September 23, 2022
  • We want to be able to have automated release when we set fix version on the issue page to "release".
  • The step that we want to remove is to move issues from the sprint page to the  release page and then click on "release" every time we release an issue. 
  • We release small tickets sometimes which we want to be able to just release in Jira at the same day. We have no winning in putting everything in week releases. 

Is this something that anyone has done before? I found the "Automated release notes" but didn't get how to set up rules that solved our problem. 

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2022

Hi @Rebecca Alfredsson -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Perhaps you could add some details, such as the beginning-to-end steps for your releases.  That may help the community to offer suggestions.

From what you described thus far, I wonder if you mean that each user story has its own unique release, and when assigned to the version it is released.  If so, you could do that with an automation rule.  For example...

• trigger: let's assume you want to do this when the issue is transitioned to "done"
  • action: release the version associated to the issue

As an alternative, you could do *exactly* what you described by changing the trigger to detect when a version is updated for an issue, and then release the version.

To get you started on creating your rule, please review this documentation and examples:

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2022

Hi @Rebecca Alfredsson

This is Anand from the Automated release notes team. I don't fully understand what you are trying to achieve.

ARN also supports generation of release notes via Sprint completion trigger. I may be able to assist if I have more information. Could you please book a convenient time from here - https://amoeboids.com/atlassian-apps/automated-release-notes-for-jira/book-a-demo/

With the support from Jira's native automation, ARN can address majority of the use cases.

Best,

Anand

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events