Recognizing an issue created from Slack /Jira Create

Adam Dulberg February 3, 2021

Hello Community,

Until several months ago, upon "/jira create", a line was appended to the bottom of the description field "this issue has been submitted from /jira create" (or wording to that extent). 

We could use that line to identify the ticket's source for rule creation/filtering. Since that text is removed, I'm unable to identify unique markers that tell me the issue was generated in Slack.

Does anyone know a way that identifies an issue was created by "/jira create"?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2021

Hi Adam,

After doing doing some testing of /jira create on my end, it seems to still be appending "Issue created in Slack using /jira create." to the bottom of issue descriptions.

Could you tell me the steps you went through to use /jira create and end up with an issue that did not have that appended in the description? 

Where in Slack did you start? What sort of Jira project did you create the issue in? What sort of fields did you fill out?

Thanks

David - Product Manager

Adam Dulberg February 5, 2021

Hi David thanks for taking the time to look into the issue. I did a pretty exhaustive search of our instance and see that actually some issues do have it appended. There isn't workflow or automation removing it, must be something related to the field or how the issue is being created.

There are several moving pieces that is going to make this hard to describe, but knowing this is not being removed is enough to dive into. 

I might be okay in the interim, thanks.

Adam Dulberg February 5, 2021

Issue is much more obvious that I thought, very much a false alarm here. The issue is "Description" was not on the create screen for the areas it wasn't showing up. That is where it defaults to append....solution is put description on create screen and poof. Answer was in my initial post...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events