Quick Filters in 1st View

Florian Probst April 24, 2023

Dear Community,

I just moved from Jira on premise to Jira Cloud.

Now I am heavily missing the quick filters in the 1st view in my Kanban board. The Icons and drop downs are not as good from a UX perspective from my view.

Is there any way to have the filters back in the "old" format?

Unbenannt.png

Thanks for your support. 

Best,

Florian

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Florian Probst and welcome to the community,

I'm not sure you can have the old kanban view. Even the old issue view since January this year will not be available https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Jira-Cloud-s-old-issue-view-is-going-away-soon/ba-p/2208963

Thank you very much for the quick reply. 

Ist there an option to expand the new filter view to have them all in the 1st view?

Unbenannt.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

@Florian Probst no, you can't expand the avatars which are visible there. If a user can't see a colleagues' name, he simply clicks on the +XXX number and search for him/her. There is an open suggestion here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17938 which you can vote and watch.

Thank you. We just found an interesting fact:

In one board we can see kind of the old quick filters when we klick on "Schnellfilter" (quick filter):

jira quick filter.png

In another board these grey "chips" are replaced by a long drop down:

Jira quick filter dropdown.png

What is the reason for that? Does it depend on the number of quick filters?

Or is there a setting which we are not aware of?

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Quick filters are getting wrapped if they exceed a one line, if I'm not mistaken. I suppose the reason behind it it simply to reserve space and make it more useful. Click and quickfilters appear. Click again and hide them.

Thanks for your reply. As you can see in my screenshot a second line is possible. Maybe they wrap it if you exceed two lines.

However, would be a great improvement to have more lines and a "show more / show fewer" option as last entry as in the old Jira on premise version. 

Jira old.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

You can create a new suggestion here jira.atlassian.com under Jira Cloud project And then vote for your suggestion, but paste it here as well for other people to vote and watch.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events