Question regarding generating issue reports broken down by user broken down by 'Effort'

Bill Youngman October 18, 2021

I have been tasked by my director with creating a series of user / issue reports based on ticket information.

I am currently looking at the Time in Status report for a break down by users in our group to detail how long each user spent on a ticket phase.

What I need now is a report that will break down the estimates that users specifying on their tickets (e.g. 'Estimated Effort', 'Remaining Effort, 'Actual Effort') as he wants to be able to track the actual effort that his people are spending on each issue.

I see the 'User Workload Report' but that appears to only provide an aggregate report of 'Assigned Issues' & 'Workload' with no drill down apparent (this might have been configured incorrectly by our Site Administrator)

Would I be best served by writing a JQL filter for this report?

TIA,

Bill Youngman

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2021

Hi Bill, 

I think JQL filter could work for you. Also, take a look on Easy BI, they have numerous of reports that can fit you.

Best,

Nataliya 

Bill Youngman October 18, 2021

Thanks Nataliya I'll give the JQL filter a shot and check out Easy BI

-Bill

Bill Youngman October 20, 2021

There is a guy in another group who is doing something very similar who created a JIRA JQL filter and using Excel getting a report for our director.

Told me that it takes him about 3 - 4 hours to get the data pulled together and formatted into a report - YIKES!!!!

We just got a new direct Director so after he gets settled in I'm going to talk to him about eazyBI as that looks like exactly what we need.

Thanks,

Bill

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2021

Glad you found a solution!

Yes, with add on it much easier to get some data. It's worth it! Good luck with your reports.

Best,

Nataliya 

Like Bill Youngman likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events