Query help - details of a list of Epics

robert_hill
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2021

I have a list of specific Epics (e.g., Epic Links such as CP-1234). I want to return the details of each of those specific epics in my list. Thoughts?

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Hello @robert_hill 

Can you explain exactly what "details" you are trying to get for each epic?

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

You can add/remove columns to query results -- which allow you to expose fields within those tickets - are you looking for a report or just more information in a query results?

robert_hill
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2021

I'm looking for a query that returns from within Advance Search function to return the specific epics (Epic Links such as CP-1234 and etc.) I have in my list. Then be able to export via csv file. Make sense?

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

I think so. 

You can expose the "issue links" field on the columns controls in the search results. Depending on exactly how the linking was done, you might need Epic Links field exposed instead/too.

So, I would build my query as something like:

Project in (list of project) AND issuekey in (CP-1, CP-2) AND ....

This would return the 'parent list' (which you have to specify manually in the issue key clause) and the associated linked tickets.  Then you can just export to CSV.

(Does that make sense?)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events