Projects by project LEAD

María Elena de León November 12, 2020

Hi,

How can I get a list of projects filtered by Project Lead? 

Thanks,

Maria Elena

3 answers

0 votes
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hi @María Elena de León !

I'm Leo from DEISER.

If you install Profields in your instance you can search your projects by lead or any project property:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210816/profields-jira-project-tracking?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Also, you can use the project search into the issue navigator:

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 09.27.46.png

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 09.28.56.png

I hope it helps you!

Leo

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Hi @María Elena de León 

You cannot do a search (JQL) for this, but you can browse all the projects in JIRA, including the assigned leads:  Projects > View All Projects

Best regards,

Bill

María Elena de León November 12, 2020

Thanks but  I need a filter to use it within a TimeReports gadget in order to monitor each Leader's group of projects.

Like Max MacLeod likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Thanks for clarifying.  If you already have an add-on gadget for time reporting, you may want to investigate if it already has the capability to select projects by lead.

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2020

JQL returns ticket results, so I don't think you can get this information through a query.  You can that sort-of through navigating into the View All Projects area and sorting by lead:

chrome_2020-11-12_15-37-35.png

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2020

It is likely that there is a way to do this through a 3rd party tool with a bit of creativity:  
Here is a thread that might help:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Accessing-users-to-groups-by-project-lead/qaq-p/235748

Like María Elena de León likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events