Project with multiple scrum boards where people can work independently on the same schedule

Randy Duarte April 11, 2019

I have a project where I created independent boards sprint boards / backlogs for each workstream. In reality, each workstream will not need to manage a backlog as this will be managed in Trello, however we do need each workstream under the project to manage their sprints via the sprint board. I would like workstream individuals to create their stories / task in their specific boards and manage those boards independently. I created an All board where I hope to have visibility to see all in user stories / tasks in an aggregated format. When I create a epic and story they in the sub-boards they all fall under All board and they are not in the perspective sub-board that i created those stories / task in. How do I make the epics / user stories fall into the perspective sub-board and not fall under only the All (main) project board?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2019

Hi @Randy Duarte , and welcome!

What shows up on a Scrum or Kanban board is controlled by the board's filter (under Board settings, General option).  For each of your "sub-boards" you mention, edit the filter to just show what you want.

The key will be how you distinguish the work between teams.  For Scrum teams, it would be which issues are in the defined sprints and meet the board's filter criteria. 

For Kanban teams, would would need ensure the stories are both in the statuses relevant for the team and meet board's filter criteria.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer