Project avatar not showing up whatever it's set to

Deleted user February 9, 2016

After migrating from server to cloud, none of my project avatars are working. They all show up as broken images regardless of whether it's a stock image or a custom uploaded one.

If I go to edit the project, this is what I see. If I click to select and choose an image, the correct image is displayed in the area below, however if I then click update and go back to edit the project I'm presented with the same broken image. This broken Image also appears in every other place it would show around the JIRA interface.

image2016-2-10 9:39:24.png

I have tried re-indexing. I have tried clearing my cache. I have tried an incognito window. I have tried another browser. Looks like something's broken to me.

Dev tools shows a 403 error;

image2016-2-10 10:21:32.png

5 answers

0 votes
Samuel Costa August 17, 2016

Hello there!

After restoring your instance, make sure you have all the images to the avatars in this way:

$JIRA_HOME\data\avatars

After this, restart the service: "Atlassian JIRA" and your problem will be solved.

Any question, just call us.

Cheers!

0 votes
Rina Nir (AC)
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 12, 2016

The same phenomena was seen from moving between two server instances (v 7.1.9).

Problem was solved by clearing caches (as mentioned below for cloud instance):

1) take JIRA down.

2) Cleaning plugin caches (see details https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27314)

3) start JIRA

0 votes
David Vielhuber June 17, 2016

Same problem here when moving from cloud to server.

Is there a current solution to this problem or is this still a bug?

0 votes
Richard Henretta March 21, 2016

I am experiencing this same problem when moving from cloud to server. 

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

This is something that you'll have to raise a support issue with Atlassian to fix. It should just be a path issue.

Deleted user February 10, 2016

Thanks - I've sent off a support request about this.

Kağan YEĞİN February 18, 2016

Hi; any idea or support answer,

i have same problem smile

Thank you

Deleted user February 18, 2016

@Kağan YEĞİN I sent a support request - I'm not sure if I can link to it as it's on my personal account, but try anyway: https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/agent/JST/issue/JST-182033 It was fixed promptly. I'd advise you to send a support request yourself. This is the info I got back from support;

Thanks for writing in. It seems to be a caching issue. I noticed that the instance was not usable at the time so I took the opportunity to clear the plugin cache.

Kağan YEĞİN February 18, 2016

Thank you for answer 

good day

Karl Bennett February 19, 2016

Same issue here. Just one of many issues I have had to deal with when trying to migrate from server to cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events