Project Automation saying it's failed, but not actually failing.

Sharayah Scott June 28, 2021

I've created a Project Automation in Jira, and the final step is: For Current Issue > If Status = Initiate > Transition Issue to "Open".

Initiate >> Open is a valid transition, and it is actually moving tickets to the Open status, but I keep getting messages that the automation failed with message:

"No transitions to specified status could be found for issues (with current status)"

What is possibly going on here? It's correctly transitioning the issue; why does it say it's failing and can't find a transition?

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Hey @Sharayah Scott ,

My initial question would be "what is the user that you have set to perform the automation"?

I believe that if you don't have it set as the "Automation for Jira" user and it fails, it will fall back to this user which should have pretty much all permissions.

Also, maybe a screenshot?

Sharayah Scott June 28, 2021

Hi Dirk! The user running the automation is a service account we have created for this project, which has full permissions. It serves as the default user for all actions performed by our automations or REST calls. I don't think the user is the problem, as that would return a different error from what I can tell.

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 8.27.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.00.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.00.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.04.04 AM.png

Suggest an answer