Profields API availability

Francis Ducharme January 21, 2021

Hello,

I'm testing out the API for Profields (documented here) and I'm getting 404 errors.

An example API call returning 404: https://ourcompany.atlassian.net/rest/profields/api/2.0/fields

Is this expected since I'm using the Cloud version of Jira/Profields ? Do I need a specific version of Profields (Server, Datacenter?) to be able to use the API ?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Francis Ducharme , 

I'm Federico Baronti from DEISER's Customer Support. 

Unfortunately, that REST API documentation applies only to Profields Data Center/ Sever, our Profields Cloud REST API is not public. 

However, we are working on a Profields Cloud overhauling that will be available in the upcoming months and as soon as this is released, the REST API will also be public in order for you to use as expeted. 

Hope this answers your question. 

Thanks and all the best, 
Fede. 

Francis Ducharme January 21, 2021

thanks @Fede Baronti -Deiser- 

So there is no way for us right now, using the cloud version, to automate in any way the assigning of layouts to newly created projects and filling up field values ?

Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

@Francis Ducharme , 

Unfortunately, no. There is no way to do that, yet. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. As soon as we release Profields Cloud 2.0 this will be possible. I'll keep this post in mind in order to let you know when this is available so you can try it out. 

Cheers!

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2021

Hi @Fede Baronti -Deiser- , how are the plans going on this area?

Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2021

Hi @Capi [resolution] , 

It's out! Go check it out and let us know what you think!

The REST API is fully available and running, so please, go ahead and make some Projectrak Cloud REST calls!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events