Problems with Insight Addon

IT Team May 17, 2021

Hi

I renewed our Insight Addon an updated to the latest version.

Now i can't enable de addon anymore.

Insight: 8.7.10

Jira: 8.0.2

Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager: 4.0.20

Can you please help me.

THANKS

Markus 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Hi Markus,

Do you remember which Insight version you had previously?

If it was a version prior to 8.4 there were some steps to follow before the update unless you are using Oracle or PostgreSQL: Preparing for Insight Version 8.4

In either case: please check your Jira log files for any relevant errors related to enabling Insight.

IT Team May 17, 2021

Hi Charlie,

Can't remember the old version.

Here is my log file: Download | file.io

THANKS for your help

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

I don't think that's a complete log file.

Can you try clearing the plugin cache? Sometimes that resolves plugin issues.

1. Stop Jira
  2. Remove both directories:
    1. JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    2. JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins 
  3. Start Jira

If Insight can not be enabled after removing those caches share your log file again.

Can you also tell us which database you are using?

Know that you can always contact support for more in-depth support: https://support.atlassian.com/ Insight is part of the Atlassian family.

Like IT Team likes this
IT Team May 17, 2021

cleared the cache, but same problem.

also contacted the support but nothing happend. Ticket ID: GHS-221467

Database: postgresql

The complete log file: https://file.io/uniLYrFa8WjT

THANKS

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

All I can see is this error and it's nothing I have experience with personally.

2021-05-17 13:08:26,297 ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 31 ERROR grusch 788x373x1 o36avx 172.31.255.218,127.0.0.1 /rest/plugins/1.0/com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight-key [o.e.g.b.e.i.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Unable to create application context for [com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight], unsatisfied dependencies: none
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'automationAnonymizeUserKeyHandler': Lookup method resolution failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to introspect Class [com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.services.user.anonymize.userkey.AutomationAnonymizeUserKeyHandler] from ClassLoader [com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight [184]]

Insight looks for the UserPropertyChangeParameter class in Jira. Which seems related to user anonymization for GDPR. And that class does not exist in your Jira version indeed.

You can see that by changing the version this URL to your version. You will get a page not found errod. in https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/8.16.1/com/atlassian/jira/user/anonymize/UserPropertyChangeParameter.html

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.jira.user.anonymize.UserPropertyChangeParameter not found by com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight [184]

I suggest you wait for Atlassian Support. They reply within 1-2 days typically. Depending on the priority of your request.
You could also try installing an older version of Insight but I'm unable to tell you which one. And downgrading a plugin is not always a good idea because an upgrade runs database changes.

Be aware that your Jira version 8.0.2 is not supported anymore since 11 FEB 2021. An overview of supported version can be found here: Atlassian Support End of Life Policy.

Like IT Team likes this
IT Team May 17, 2021

THANKS for your help.

Will talk to the jira support.

Like Charlie Misonne likes this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

You're welcome! And thanks for accepting the answer.

Let me know what the outcome of the suppor ticket is. I'm curious about the solution.

IT Team May 19, 2021

Support told me to update my Jira server.

Did that and now its working fine again.

THANKS for your Help @Charlie Misonne 

Like Maira Abulkhassimova likes this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

Great! I'm glad it was resolved.

Like IT Team likes this

Suggest an answer