Problem with automation - link issue to Epic

Dawid Ankowski May 18, 2022

Hi,
I created really simple automation - when Epic issue type is created I want to create Task issue and link it to created Epic.
Problem is when I using 'Epic link' field, there is no option like "Current Issue", "Parent Issue", "Epic Issue", "Trigger Issue". I can see only "Copy from issue", "Copy from parent", "Copy from Epic", "Copy from trigger issue.
So basically, I'm not able to link Task issue to created Epic. Does anyone know why I can see only "Copy from..." options?jiraissue.png

3 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Hello @Dawid Ankowski 

When asking for help with an Automation Rule, we need you to provide all the steps of the rule as options in later steps can be impacted by the earlier steps. Please show us all the rule steps.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

Hi Dawid,

Create an automation rule like this:

screenshot.png

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2022

Hi @Dawid Ankowski 

You'll want to do is use a smart value {{issue}} which will link it to the trigger issue (your epic)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events