Possibility to restrict user picker Custom Field based on same type of field

nagarjun0979 March 10, 2021

I have two user picker custom fields

If I select one user in A field that user should not visible in B field at create level edit level as well. 

This is for one project if any idea please share with me. 

We are using script runner plug in

Thanks in advance. 

Regards, 

Nagarjun

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2021

Hi @nagarjun0979 

I am not sure about this one. Did you try something already?

What is your objective here? May be there is another way to solve that problem.

Ravi

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ thanks for your response

Actually, we have two user picker fields like "feature Editor" And "feature Resolvover "

These two fields should not have same user while creating issue/editing issue

Both fields are single user pickers only.

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2021

Ok, then try using Script validator in the workflow and keep those 2 fields on transition screen and not edit screen.

Like # people like this

But these two fields should be editable and I am looking code for behavior

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2021

I doubt if this can be achieved with behaviour because users in the user picker are picked from the database. What I was trying to say is that instead of behaviour you can certainly check if these 2 fields have same values while creating a new issue or in a transition screen.

Suggest an answer