Possibility to create a new project template on different Jira instances

Krzysztof Skawiński December 7, 2021

Hello!

We are currently building two new project configs based on Scrum and Kanban on one of our Jira Cloud instances. I mean - boards, epics, predefined tasks, workflows etc. My question is how we can copy full project configs to other Jira instances? We consider to make a plugin to Jira Cloud, but it is possible to do it this way? Maybe there are some ready solutions?

Best regards,
Krzysztof

1 answer

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 8, 2021

Welcome to the community, @Krzysztof Skawiński.

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

With our app Deep Clone for Jira you can bulk clone issues between Jira cloud instances.

Note that you would still have to create the project in the target instance (including workflows) manually. It is possible to clone Jira projects within one instance with Deep Clone, but unfortunately it is currently not possible between instances due to technical constraints.

After you've set up a connection between both intsances, the cloning process is pretty simple and can be done on a regular basis by any Jira user. 

• Filter for the issues you want to bulk clone (you can also work with a favorite filter or clone all issues from a project)
  • Navigate to the Deep Clone configuration
  • Select "Clone to another instance..."
  • Select the target instance and confirm
  • Select the target project and configure your bulk clone

deep-clone-jira_instance-clone2.png

Don't hesitate to contact us, if you have questions or feedback.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events