Pop up Comments template during transition

Andy F June 10, 2021

I have a pop up screen during a transition to prompt users to enter comments. I'd like to add a template to the comment box to help them fill in particular comments. Any help would be very appreciated

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

Hi Andy,

I am not sure about a template per se, and not sure about the Server version. But the Cloud version has a custom field type called Message Custom Field (for edit) that can be used to provide guidance text. 

Take a look at this document for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/add-a-custom-message-to-the-create-issue-screen-in-jira-server-759990667.html

Andy F June 21, 2021

Thanks John, this will be useful for other messages :) But for this it would be a template to prompt people to fill out the require comments during that transition.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

You can simply create a transition screen and attach it to the transition. In the screen you can have the comments field and the Message Custom Field (for edit) custom field that gives them guidance. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events