Plans are missing from Jira - Advanced Roadmap

Quinten De Blust January 10, 2022

Hi you all

I've created an advanced roadmap in my project recently but today the 'Plans'-menu is missing from my Jira-bar.

My Jira-bar:

Jira Plans missing.png

Expected to see:

Jira Plans expected.png

To test, I've created another project under another account but the same problems occurs: Jira Plans are nowhere to be seen.

Anyone with the same issue who knows how to make it visible again?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Quinten De Blust 

You're welcome, it's always a case of ticking through all the possible reasons for something like this not working.

My next thought is whether you still have Jira Software Premium? Advanced Roadmaps is only available when you have an active premium subscription. 

If so you can get to settings and find what you need quickly by pressing '.' (full stop). This will let you type and search for advanced Roadmaps permissions.

I don't think it's due to an update, I'm in London and Roadmaps is working for me.

Hope this helps

Quinten De Blust January 12, 2022

Hi @Stuart Capel - London 

Found it, thanks to your help! I, indeed, didn't have Jira Software Premium. But I don't recall having it before while I could create an advanced roadmap which is odd. But after activating the free trial of Jira Software Premium, the Plans-menu on my Jira-bar is back! Thanks a lot for your help!

Have a good 2022! 🥳

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this
2 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Quinten De Blust 

It looks like you don't have the Advanced Roadmaps permission granted.

If you go to settings > products > Advanced Roadmaps permissions then you can check what groups have access to create, view and edit plans. If you're not in one of those groups add yourself to one and you should see the 'plans' tab after that.

Hope this helps

Quinten De Blust January 10, 2022

Hi @Stuart Capel - London

First of all, thanks a lot for trying to help me!

Unfortunately your solution doesn't seem to work for me. First of all, I can't find Advanced Roadmaps permissions under the Product Settings. Secondly, to give some more context, I'm administrator of my own (testing) Jira-environment. About a week ago I still saw the Plans-menu in my Jira-bar but today, when trying the adapt the Advanced Roadmap I created earlier last week, I can't find it anymore in my Jira-bar and thus can't access my Advanced Roadmap. So I've had the permission/access before and no one else is working in the Jira-environment so my settings aren't modified. Thirdly, the same problems occurs in my employees Jira-environment when using my professional account, so the problem looks product-based instead of settings-based.

I was thinking that it could be because of some sort of update of Jira Cloud for the new year 2022, but I can't find any info about an update online. Fyi, I live in Belgium (Europe). Maybe the product updates are somewhat different from America. Don't know if that could have anything to do with it, just thinking out loud.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events