Permissions for filters and dashboards?

Ethan Cook July 26, 2019

So, I have set up a dashboard for my team to be able to see certain metrics. The filters that supply the data for these charts have to be edited every once and a while, as certain components need to be added and removed from the filter. My question is, can I give people access to edit filters and/or dashboards that I created and am the owner of? I can share these with other users, but that only allows them to view the dashboard, or save their own version of a filter that will not affect the charts in the dashboard. Basically, is there any way to allow multiple people to edit a single dashboard? Can I not do this because I'm not a certain type of administrator?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2019

Hi @Ethan Cook ,

Yes, you are correct. There is a difference between the two terms. Sharing the filter and owning the filter.

As you are the owner of the filter, you alone can modify the filter. 

One more point to add here, if required, jira-administrator can change the ownership of the shared filter to any one with whom the filter was shared.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2019

Hello @Ethan Cook 

As an admin, you can personalize the dashboard as you want, and share it with a specific group. As a user, you can't add or delete anything, but you can create your own dashboard and manage the display of the gadgets however you want.

If you have multiple projects with different employee working on them, you can create dashboard for each project and share it with the group assigned to work on that project.

So want you can do : 

1. Set a dashboard and share it with the group. 

2.  Let all the users create their own dashboard.

Suggest an answer