Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Parallel sprints in next-gen projects not working

I've turned on parallel sprint but I still can't start more than one sprint in a next-gen project. Is this a known problem, should I expect a solution any time soon?

6 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello,

Parallel sprints are not available in next-gen projects only in classic Jira Software boards.

So...why give us the option...and also why take away options... seems Next-Gen is more like Old-Gen

Right - why let us even create it.

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Nikola Cosic,

As far as I understand, this is currently only possible for classic Jira projects and not the next-gen ones. The docs about the classic projects tell you about parallel sprints.

But the next-gen docs about sprints don't mention this.

I also did not find a way to configure these.

Cheers,
Matthias.

They don't mention but the setting is in place to turn that feature on, although it doesn't work.

2019-02-04_13-10-53.png

@Peter Nguyen, the feature flag you're talking about switches the behaviour for classic projects (not next-gen ones). It is explained in the docs I linked above.

But yes, the UI could express in a better way that this is only for classic projects.

Same issue here.

Because of that missing function Next gen project are not usable for us :'(

Like # people like this

same here!

Same here and it is a shame. When will this parallel sprint feature is expected in Next Gen projects?

Like # people like this

I'm also really curious if you have a timeline on this one, as this is a blocking issue unfortunately

I don't get why they keep taking away options in Next-Gen instead of keeping and expanding...

We need this feature as well.  Was dismayed to find out this was only available in Classic Projects.

Like # people like this

It's a big surprise that one cannot have multiple sprints in next gen projects. Whats the point in having it then?

Why do they call it a 'Next Gen' project if it doesn't have 'Next Gen' features?

Like # people like this

Yes its classic Atlassian - lots of of 8 year old feature requests and bugs, and then the new version misses out one of the helpful features where you don't want separate projects but do want to track separate velocities/constraints.

Do we have any update on parallel sprints in Next-Gen?

@Falik_Sher - it seems that this issue is still open: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17195

I suggest to leave your comment and vote there - that's the place where Atlassian's dev team acts on.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

101 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you