PLAN Feature

Nadav Covalio December 1, 2021

I would like to group tickets per Epic and present it in the plan.

Currently, I see some options to group tickets (by assignee, release, team, sprint) but not through EPICS.

Appreciate if you can help me out to find how do I sort the grouping per epics.

Also, I see some discrepancies between my filter in JIRA to the results I got in the PLAN view. For example, the filter returns 146 rows (tickets) while in the PLAN I can see only 121 results. Did you face same issue? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jev December 1, 2021

Hi @Nadav Covalio 

I would like to group tickets per Epic and present it in the plan.

Normally, if you group by None it should do the trick for you, but make sure that under "Filters" your hierarchy is set from Epics to <preferred issue level>. If that does not do the trick for you, feel free to share the screenshot of your plan view.

Also, I see some discrepancies between my filter in JIRA to the results I got in the PLAN view. For example, the filter returns 146 rows (tickets) while in the PLAN I can see only 121 results. Did you face same issue?

I would suggest to check "Exclusion rules" in the plan settings.

To set exclusion rules:

1. Go to (GEAR ICON) > Configure.
  2. Select Exclusion rules.

You can find Configure section under three dots (...) next to your plan name. More information can be found here.

There is also a possibility that some of the issues have been removed from the plan, to check if that's the case, you need to navigate to "Removed issues" section. 

To do so:

1. Go to (GEAR ICON) > Configure.
  2. Select Removed issues.
Nadav Covalio December 4, 2021

Thanks @Jev !

It helped sort out both issues .

Suggest an answer