Our Priority Scheme default got changed somehow to Critical, is this related to a Jira release?

Kelly Willis March 19, 2024

Our Priority Scheme default got changed somehow to Critical, is this related to a Jira release?

Yeah, the weirdest thing. I thought I was going crazy. I went through my Automation and rules and spent hours trying to figure out what the issue was. Why are my emails coming as Critical? After typing my notes to Jira support I thought, sheesh it feels like the default has changed from Normal to Critical. So I did some searching here and discovered where the default is located. Priority Scheme is located under Issues. There she was set to Critical for Default. I never touched it. I went to the audit log and searched and discovered nothing. 

So my question is, did JIRA do it? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kelly Willis April 3, 2024

I was able to confirm via Jira support, the last Jira release did cause the default Priority Scheme to be reset to be Critical. Once I reset back to Normal, Opsgenie and my Jira automations began to function correctly.  

0 votes
Ronald Cheng March 20, 2024

I also observed this recent change. Now all Jira issues being opened are defaulting to critical priority level. Was there a recent Jira update?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events