Organization Issue with Automated Rule

David
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2021

We are using Jira Software and Jira Service Management. I am creating an automated rule to create a development ticket in Jira Software when a ticket from Jira Service Management ticket is set to a specific status. 

The rule is failing because "Invalid organization ids specified,. Specify a valid value for Organizations ID." 

The service management project has Organizations setup, but our Jira Software project does not. I'm not sure what the right question is here.

1. Is there a way to use 1 list of organizations across multiple projects?

2. How are organizations setup in a jira software projects? I can find the custom field for Organizations but I don't get any options to edit it.

I don't really need the organization in the Jira Software project, but it appears that the automation rule is trying to match it and fails if it doesn't find one.

Update: Ultimately, I want to have an automation rule to create a dev ticket from a support ticket between the two projects without the organization id error.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events