One mail account can't login in 2 company‘s JIRA

zhan ni May 25, 2021

My software team member A belongs to another company B, we use JIRA to track project progress, and compay B also have independent JIRA program. 

Previous A use XXX@AA.com to login my company's JIRA, and use XXX@BB.com to login his company's JIRA.

Now A's mail XXX@AA.com will inactive, so I suggest him to change mail account to XXX@BB.com in my company's JIRA, face error as attachment.

I'm not sure it means one mail account can't login 2 different company's JIRA? How can we help he to login nowa.png

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

The error message tells you exactly what the problem is - xxx@BB.com already has an Atlassian account, which is a separate entity to the one that xxx@AA.com

You have two options here:

• In your Jira, grant access to xxx@BB.com to match what xxx@AA.com currently has, then reassign all your open issues to the new account so that the person retains their responsibilities
  • Ask your user to change the email address used for their existing account to something else, then change the email on the account they use to access your system.
0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2021

Hello @zhan ni ,

An email account can be in multiple organizations, No Problem.

But for Your Case.

A person "ABC" working in two organizations. (XYZ, MNO)

1. ABC@XYZ.com is treated as one Atlassian Jira cloud account. 

2. ABC@MNO.com is treated as the second Atlassian cloud Jira account.

Now "ABC@XYZ" is inactive. so you suggested user change the email " ABC@XYZ.com" to "ABC@MNO.com".

as already created 2 accounts with the company domain. Atlassian keeps the records in their centralized server.  due to this If you tried to change "It shows already a user is existed with the email",

to overcome this you can invite "ABC@MNO.com" to use "XYZ" jira.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events