Notification for "People (Involved)"

petro.khometa July 5, 2021

Hey

Our team uses the field "People (involved)" to ping people who need to keep up about the issues.

But I can't set up email/push notifications about added People (involved).

My goal: somebody added me to the "People (involved)". I want to see it on my email and push notifications on the phone.

Could you help me with my issue?image.png

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Hi @petro.khometa

maybe an oversimplified thinking but if this would be an interesting feature for your colleagues, also - why not put the field into Notification Scheme.
It looks to me bringing value and it makes sense.

For a push notification the mail App on your phone probably already brings some function with it?

In case you are the only one who wants to receive a notification upon being added to "People (involved)" you could indeed try something with Automation like Jack said earlier.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

Hi @petro.khometa ,

Thanks for posting in community.

I think you can use the Watch option and add the relevant people as watcher for notification. 

Please let me know if that helps.

Cheers

Suvradip

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

Is that a custom field? You can use automation. Trigger on issue updated and then use a condition to check and if your name is in people involved if so add to watch your list and include yourself. In this way any future updates to that issue you will get notifications on assuming that the notification scheme sends out emails to watchers based on various updates.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events