No Backlog settings

Florian Winkler April 24, 2023

I am trying to show labels in the backlog list view of a team managed project. Other answers on this topic that I found suggest to activate it in the board settings on the backlog page.

Unfortunately this option is not where its supposed to be, the only item in the menu is "Manage custom filters".

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 14.49.29.png

I have looked in the project settings but cant find it there either.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 14.54.30.png
Is this now a paid feature?

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hello @Florian Winkler 

It is not currently possible to customize the displayed fields on cards in either the Backlog or Board view for Team Managed projects. You can vote on that change request here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17336

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Florian Winkler and welcome to the Community!

This is certainly not a paid feature. The labels filter automagically appears in your backlog view as soon as you have at least one issue in your project with the labels field filled out. 

Use the built-in labels field to add labels to your issues.

Hope this helps!

Florian Winkler April 24, 2023

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your quick reply. That is not what I am looking for, I want to display the labels of the issues in the backlog list.

I found this answer which doesnt seem to apply as I cant see the board settings in the top right menu in backlog:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Labels-in-Backlog-view/qaq-p/1199932

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events