Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Labels in Backlog view

Hello,

I am using Jira Software Cloud and the next gen project.

In my backlog view, I would like to see my Labels.

Thanks

5 answers

Hi @Jonathan Marie

It's not possible to add labels to the card view in a next-gen project at this stage.

This would be part of card layout, which Atlassian did take the first steps for with due date and priority just a few months ago:

When priority and due date are configured on an issue type, we'll display these on the card in the backlog and board. This is a first step towards letting you customise the card layout.

^ For labels, the only option right now is to filter based on them. When you add a label to any issue from a next-gen project, on the board a drop-down filter will automatically appear with all the labels in use. It is located up at the top (where quick filters are in classic boards).

You can filter based on these options to show all labels in (or containing) specific labels.

Ste

It seems like all the responses here are talking about card views, but the backlog in a next-gen project is a list.  I'd also like to know if it's possible to show labels in this list view.

joeWeiss Community Leader Dec 17, 2021

You can add labels to the 'card layout' in the backlog.  You are able to view labels in the backlog view.

Hello,

you can add fields to your card.  From the board, click on configure and navigate to Card Layout section.

Select Labels in your field name.

When you go back to the board you can see that all card have labels displayed.

Not being able to delete this is quite disappointing. 

I'd suggest you create a dashboard and add a 'list' gadget.  You can then create a view (within a rich filter) and add labels to that view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

533 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you