NextGen Project Task Auto-assign

Matej Podstrelenec September 27, 2019

Hi,

when a new task is created in NextGen project, TO DO list, it would be great if it could be automatically assigned to somebody. Is that possible please? 

Thank you.

Matej

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matej Podstrelenec March 12, 2020

With the latest update, it is now finally possible :-)

Project settings -> Apps -> Project automation

0 votes
Michael Handley September 27, 2019

Hey Matej,

If you are on the board, there should be a button with three dots in the upper right. Once clicked, you can click an option that says "manage rules." From there, simply select the "add rule." 

You will then need to select "Assign an issue to someone." From there you just need to select the status (sounds like for you this will be "to-do") and then set the assignee. Anything that flows into that status column should then be auto assigned moving forward. 

One thing I will mention is I don't think you could do this for two Assignees for the same status. 

In any case, i hope this helps. 

Matej Podstrelenec September 28, 2019

Hi Michael,

thank you for a quick response. Exactly, that was I thinking should solve my issue. But, a task is auto-assigned to a person only if it is moved to TO DO column, not created in it. 

Point is, when I or somebody else create a new task in TO DO, it stays unassigned.

Andrew Collins November 8, 2019

Can someone at jira please fix this because i have the same problem as Matej, and this is super annoying.

I need to auto assign it to someone.

I need it so that when an issue is created.  I get notified of the issue by email.

How do I do this.

Nurul Aini November 26, 2019

I also need this :(

Andrew Collins November 27, 2019

bump

Can someone please address this feature

Suggest an answer