Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next-gen: custom fields are not available for all user

Currently we have some custom fields.

This is the view for a member role: Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 15.06.42.png

and this one is for a viewer role:

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 15.08.38.png

As you see, they cannot see the same fields. How could I change this? Thaks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jul 01, 2021

Well I don’t use TMP I suspect this is by design and cannot be changed unless you change the user to a member instead of a viewer. Here is a article around permissions by user type - TMP Permissions  I suspect this directly influences field access.

I think you are right, but I'm not sure what permission granted see all custom fields. The difference between member and viewer are the following:

Edit any due date, Manage project sprints, Access development tools, Assign any issue, Delete their own work log entries, Edit any issue, Edit their own worklog issues, Link any issue, Log work on any issue, Move any issue, Transition any issue, Create project issues and View watchers

Which one granted see all custom fields?

Jack Community Leader Jul 01, 2021

I suspect that a member will see all necessary fields. Certainly easy enough to try just take a single user that is a viewer now make them a member and see if they can view all the necessary fields

After some checks, Edit any issue is the permission which granted see all custom fields.

Thanks Jack!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

947 views 2 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you