Next Gen Projects - Create a shared issue and custom fields type across all projects.

Abbie Hawkins August 2, 2019

Hi All, 

We run our Jira with many next-gen projects as we have many products. However, we need all the issue types to be the exact same. Including the created custom fields.

Currently, if I want the same custom fields on every project's issue type I have to create them over and over again. And then when filtering issues even though they all have the exact same text, they show as unique fields. Such as this below: 

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 10.35.17.png

I know you could share the same custom fields on the old projects so I don't know why it has been made so difficult with next-gen? Please help. 

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2019

By design NG projects are independent islands; every field is unique to the project it is created in. Given your requirements I would choose Classic projects.

Abbie Hawkins August 2, 2019

Thanks Jack, I thought this would be the case. It's a real shame. This lack of control really might be a factor in moving away from Jira. 

Like Adam T. Kowal likes this

Suggest an answer