Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

New Jira issue view - Comment from anywhere and New Sorting

Edited

Is it just me or the New issue view doesn't make sense...

Yes, the comment box is seen when you are scrolling

1.jpg

but once you click in the box to type in you are brought to the end of the feed. 

2.jpg

This means that you are no longer seeing the latest comment. So it's annoying since you have to scroll back up to make sure that you covered all the points.

And sorting oldest 1st is useless and frustrating because you always have to press on "View 4 remaining newer comments" 

3.jpg

2 answers

1 vote

Hi @Dominique Bastien  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I agree, and it isn't clear to me what problem they were solving with that design choice.

Please consider looking at remaining work for the new issue view to see what improvements around Comments are planned under the sub-tasks.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70555

If you have an additional suggestion, please select the Create button at the top of the page to add it.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

It's a bit frustrating. Last week I was able to sort the comments in descending order.

But today, I can't even see the button to sort it....

sort_comments.jpg

Can you please help? Am I doing it wrong?

Hi @Zaldy Parian 

There is an open production incident for this issue, which you may monitor here:

https://jira-core.status.atlassian.com/incidents/zqxvjcl04862

Best regards,

Bill

Hi,

Regarding this topic,

Do we know whether they plan to move the comment section to the top, on top of the latest comment in the new issue view ?

It is very not efficient having to scroll all the way down so as to comment the top latest comment.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events