Need info to create automation

DINESH November 29, 2022

Hi Team,

In JIRA Software project I am trying to create automation rule for SLA breach, wherein remainder should be sent to a particular group before 1 day of SLA as email notification and also comment in the ticket.

Regards

Dinesh V

3 answers

3 votes
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 30, 2022

Hi @DINESH,

Jira's automation has some limits for the execution, so if you have the Standard package, you won't be able to automate much there. The community leader answered this question in more detail here → Jira Automation, usage limits 

I would like to recommend the SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on. Here you will be able to set up your custom notifications for breached or exceeded SLA for any assignees and groups in comments to issues (+email) or on the SLACK channel.2022-11-30_17-28-04.png

You can use the 30-day trial to test the add-on yourself.
This app was developed by our company, so if you require supplemental information, please contact me, I will be happy to assist you.

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @DINESH,

SLA configuration is rather a feature of Jira Service Management and better supported there, in the sense that it's easier there to use the SLA timer to select issues that are ablout to breach. In Jira Software, you could mainly use the due date (or another date custom field) as a target for issues to be delivered on time.

Having said that, the principles for your automation would still remain the same. The rule might look somewhat like this:

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 19.27.30.png

In the trigger, you should specify a JQL filter to retrieve the issues that are about to breach the SLA in a day. Using the due date, that might look like this:

resolution = unresolved and due <= endofday(1)

this will fetch all issues with a due date before tomorrow 23:59 (more or less) that are still open. Be aware that if the issue will not be fixed before 9 AM on the next day, the email and comment will be added once more (and again) until the issue gets resolved.

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @DINESH - Since you're on a software project, I'm assuming that "SLA" actually refers to a due date of some kind?

Assuming you're using Due Date to capture this info, you could set up automation like this:

• TRIGGER: Scheduled (Daily)
    • statusCategory != Done AND dueDate < 1d AND dueDate > startOfDay()
  • ACTION: Add Comment
  • ACTION: Send Email

Suggest an answer