Need help with plans and why some issues are not showing up when I expand all

Clifford Perea September 6, 2022

Right now I have Epic and a custom issue called Feature showing up when I expand in plans, but stories, tasks, and bugs that are children of the Feature issue are not showing up when I expand all.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Hi @Clifford Perea - There is a native hierarchy to Advanced Roadmaps (AR):

1. xx (Custom hierarchy)
  2. Epic
  3. Story/Task/Bug
  4. Sub-Task

Best practice dictates that any custom issue types should be either at layer 3 or xx (above the Epic).  So, what you're trying to do is wedge a new issue type between Epic and Story which is not the way AR is designed.  

So, your stories may be LINKED to Features, but they are not hierarchically meeting the standards of AR and thus will not appear in the roadmap.

I would recommend changing the semantics so that Epic is your Feature and you have some other layer above the Epic.  The alternative is to use a 3rd party app like Structures.

Clifford Perea September 6, 2022

Thanks so much Mark. I had a feeling this was the case, but wanted to get some feedback from others, like yourself, who has more experience with roadmaps. I have heard of Structures, but haven't really looked into it, but will now. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events