Need help accessing an Issue

Alicia Leja April 29, 2021

Hi, I am unable to access an issue even though I have permission to view it per the creator. The error message says "something went wrong when we tried to open that page," please try again. 

Can anyone help with this?

4 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2021

Hi @Alicia Leja

one idea that still comes to my mind despite your permissions seem to be okay from what you reported (Community members are not able to double-check): possible there is an issue security level set for the issues you cannot open:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

You might need to check once more with the administrator.

For the dashboards I am wondering if an underlying filter is not configured in a way it would allow you access.

Overall, I think it is just some detail that is missing and I hope you enjoy you your job despite the usual culprits with permissions right after the start :)

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

How are you trying to "access" the issue, how do you know you have "permission to view it per the creator", and what is the error message you are getting?

Alicia Leja April 30, 2021

I accessed it through a link that was sent to me. Yes, the creator of the issue sent me a screenshot to show that I do have permission to view. So we do not know why I cannot see it..this is my third day of work on the job, though, so it could be a larger access issue possibly?

I also do not have access to view other issues the creator sent me under a certain epic/project. He sent me a screenshot that shows I  have "Browse Projects" permission. I am guessing since I cannot see other issues that it could be a quick fix where he makes sure I have access to see the epic/project? Let me know what you think

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

It may be that the issue was deleted. Are you able to see other issues for the same project?

From my awareness, the issue was not deleted because the creator took a screenshot to show me I do have view permissions. So we are not sure why I can't see that particular issue

0 votes
Yassin BEN-NACEUR _FlowZess_ April 29, 2021

How does the URL of the ticket look like ? Please don't post your company name before .atlassian.net if you are using cloud or the URL to your jira if your are using server/data center. I am interested to know how you are accessing that ticket /browse,  /portal or /search ...

Hi, thank you for your response. I actually cannot access a dashboard or an issue for some reason, but everything else I can access in Jira: 

The below is the ticket/issue I am having trouble accessing:

.atlassian.net/browse/MCT-5

The below is the Dashboard I am having trouble accessing:

.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10000

Suggest an answer