Need a weekly productivity report per developer

Anita Seymour August 10, 2020

Are there any reports in jira  that shows the productivity for each developer weekly, monthly, etc?

Need to report how many tickets each developer has and their closing rate? 

Where can I find such reports?

2 answers

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2020

@Anita Seymour 

I've understood what is your issue.

You need to:

1) Create and save two filters, one for issues resolved yesterday, another for issues resolved since the beginning of the month until today. Use these JQLs respectively:

resolved >= startOfDay(-1) and resolved <= endOfDay(-1) and resolution is not empty
resolved >= startOfMonth() and resolved <= endOfDay(-1) and resolution is not empty

I've added a resolution check to exclude reopened issues from the results.

2) Now that you have these filters saved to make sure you share them with all relevant users or groups because by default they are only visible to the creator

3) Add two "Issue statistics" gadgets to your dashboard and configure each of them to use one of the filters you've created. Set  'Statistic type' to 'Assignee'

Done!

I hope, you find this info helpful

Best regards, Mariana

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2020

Hi Anita,

there are a number of ways to view this using Dashboard gadgets. One that comes to mind is the Created vs. Resolved. The only issue with this would be that you would need one for each developer so for a big team this could get busy. Another option is to look at the Two Dimensional gadget and set the X-axis to status and Y-axis as the developer. To attain your weekly goal you can capture that in the filter itself. Finally, have a look at Issue Statistics gadget. Of course there are a number of addons that might be better and don't overlook Excel. You can do quite a bit there and w/ the free Jira extension for Excel it would make it easy to import the desired data.

Ioanna Malachtari November 25, 2021

Hi Jack, 

I tried using the two dimensional gadget as you mentioned. Everything looks ok, but my question is how to adjust the time period. I can see someone's performance based on status, but I don't know if the ones closed are for this week, for example, or for the previous week. Is there something to update here?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events