Need JQL to filter all tickets of past 4 months created between night 10 PM to 6 AM IST

binay_yadav March 16, 2021

Use case:

I am trying to create a chart to get all the tickets created between night 10 PM to 6 AM IST, the chart should have months in X axis and count in Y axis. Data needed for past 4 months.

I tried using the below mentioned JQl but it only returns me ticket for one day and the same is required for atleast 4 months.
project = L3I AND created > startOfDay("-2h") and created < startOfDay("+6h")

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

Hello @binay_yadav 

Welcome to the community

I don't believe there is a JQL that can be used out of the box for JIRA Cloud to get you this information.

You could probably find an app to add to your JIRA instance that would help with this. Alternately you could investigate adding a custom field to track the hour of the day when an issue was created, and seeing if you can set that field for each issue using the Automation feature to evaluate the Created date/timestamp.

binay_yadav March 18, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill  Thanks a lot for your help, can you please suggest any add on for the use case to work or else I'll try the automation method 🙂

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Sorry, no, I cannot. It is not a use case in my company so I haven't had to find an actual solution. If you do an internet search for "jira report on tickets created during time of day" or something like that then I'm sure you'll find other community posts and maybe even links to apps in the marketplace.

Like binay_yadav likes this
binay_yadav March 21, 2021

@Trudy Claspill  Thanks a lot for helping out :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events