Multiple projects sharing sprints

Adam Telford September 21, 2022

I run an agency with multiple projects going on at any one time.

We deliver these in sprints that are the same across all projects.

I have read that I can create shared sprints across projects so every project I start will have the same sprints set up but I cannot find how to do this.

Can anyone help?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hello @Adam Telford ,

You need to configure a scrum board that includes the different projects. You can either create a filter that retrieves those projects and use it as the board filter, or create the board based on those projects.

You can see the documentation.

Then, this board will appear in each project.

Thank you for your answer but Im not sure that will do exactly what I want.

As I understand it, this will still mean sprints are set up separately in each project but brought together in the scrum board but I will still need to open and close each sprint  in each project. I want them to be combined so I can open and close the sprints across all projects at once.

Does that make sense? Am I misunderstanding?

Like Antoine Berry likes this
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

If I understand correctly, then my answer should answer your need and that is what this article was written about.

You can create a scrum board based on multiple projects. On this board, you can create a new sprint and drag issues from all the projects into it. You could call it a "consolidated" view. 

This sprint is one object and will not be duplicated on each project's board. This means, if you change the sprint dates, move an issue, close the sprint... The change will appear on other projects boards, and of course on the multiple projects board. Thus, you can, and need to, open and close the sprint only once.

Hope that makes sense.

That's great, thank you so much, only signed up last week so lots to learn!

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2022

You are very welcome. Shared sprints is already quite an advanced functionality, you are learning fast. :)

Like Adam Telford likes this

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders