Multiple Scrum Teams in a Company-Managed Project

Jesse Ignell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2022

We have a company-managed project that multiple scrum teams are working from. We do not have Advanced Roadmaps (we have Standard).

My goal is to organize boards within the company-managed project by scrum teams (so that each scrum team can Sprint plan effectively). Currently, we're using a custom-field that is used to filter boards, which feels hacky. Is there a better way to divy up boards across multiple scrum teams in a company-managed project?

I'm trying to use the 'Teams' field in Jira but when trying to select a team at the issue level, I see a message that says: "Plan-specific teams can only be selected through a plan"

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Jesse Ignell -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

One way to do this is with Components.  Create a component value for each team, and adjust their individual boards' filters to only show that component value (and perhaps no component assigned if they pull from a common backlog of work prior to sprint start).

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events