Multiple Approval on Jira Software

Özge K_ December 7, 2021

Hello, 

I'd like to perform a transition after the verification state. The only problem is I have multiple verifiers ( multiple user picker) and I need to check the total number of approvals of these verifiers. The sequence is not important for me. The only condition is to provide whole approvals of the verifier on the multiple user picker field. How can I perform this function on Jira Software? 

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi @Özge K_  - Are you using a Jira Service Management project? Because you can easily do that with a JSM project. 

Özge K_ December 13, 2021

Hi @John Funk , 

No, unfortunately. I know it's a piece of cake in Jira Service Management projects. That's why I investigate another way to do it.

Thank you!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

I am not sure how you will be able to force multiple approvals outside of JSM. You would probably have to do it with multiple custom fields. 

0 votes
Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Özge K_ , have you tried looking into adding a condition in a workflow so that it can test to see if a user has the right approval to transition the issue?

Jacob

Özge K_ December 7, 2021

Hi @Jacob Vu , thanks for your answer but it's not what I meant actually. I need all the approvals not just the one. You can think like there is a verifier group which is obtained via multiple user picker field and then all the members of these group must give approvals to perform the transaction. It's not enough that one of them gives approval instead of others. All of them must give approvals. But I don't want to use "group" functionality in user management. I just want to add the each verifier members individually. I hope it's clear now. 

Best regards,

Like Tony Takchi likes this
Tony Takchi January 15, 2023

Hello @Özge K_ ,

Have you found any solution for this? 

Suggest an answer