Moving issues between sprints

Helen Pippard November 19, 2020

Hell,

I have an Active sprint (Sprint 1) which needs to be closed but an issue  in progress column has work logged against it

If I move this issue from sprint 1 to backlog and then into another sprint - Is reporting from sprint 1 affected I.e. time spent and a count of issue

Kind Regards

Helen

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

Hi @Helen Pippard ,

When you complete the sprint, your open issues will be moved into the location you specify (another sprint or the backlog).

Issues that run across multiple sprints will by default be associated with all the sprints they were in.

There is different behaviour when you report on issue count vs time spent. With issue count, burndown is only affected when an issue reaches the rightmost column of your scrum board. So an issue in progress will not be shown on the burndown line. With hours spent, you should see the burndown at the moment of hours being logged. So there's different behaviour there. But as long as your issue remains in both sprints (the default behaviour), then there should be no impact on your report.

Helen Pippard November 19, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Much appreciated

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events